Finally…. A Proven, Step-by-Step Program To Get New Clients
Without Feeling Manipulative, Slippery, or Slimy.
Introducing KBST Live!™
If you own your own business you discovered pretty fast that you need to put yourself on the line every day – not only taking care of your clients but also getting your next client, because without the next sale your business grinds to a screeching halt.
This is exactly where so many businesses – established and new – hit the rocks: getting the next sale.
No pressure…if you don’t get the sale it just means you may have to put off the new boat for a few more months…or put off paying the electric bill for another month…or hope you can put off returning to a j.o.b. in the cubicle farms for another month.
With so much riding on your next sale, is it any wonder that the idea of having that sales conversation makes your stomach hurt, knees knock, and palms sweat?
Does it seem like a bizzarre fantasy to believe you could grow your business from a place of comfort, confidence, and control?
If you’d like to make that fantasy a reality, you’re in the right place!
Isn’t it about time that you could have a prospect conversation that is smooth, natural, and comfortable – for both you and the person you’re talking to? We’re talking control without resorting to cheap tricks and manipulation.
If you’re looking for:
- Bone-deep confidence
- Satisfaction in your business and profession so strong it borders on smug (but not arrogant)
- The complete assurance you can make a night-and-day difference for the clients you most want to work with >
- An honest living that gives you what you need without working yourself to death
- The value you deserve for the tough, demanding, creative work you do
Then you may want to keep reading.
The secret I need to share with you…
I sold high-value software and consulting to Fortune 500 companies for years, and I found it challenging, exciting and rewarding. But 15 years ago when I started my own coaching and consulting business, I discovered something totally unnerving.
After years of feeling at ease asking a prospective client to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars for a software contract, I discovered I was stumbling over asking a prospect for $200 for three 1-hour coaching sessions! (I was really new…) What happened to the savvy negotiator who confidently and routinely asked for a purchase order for five and-six-figure deals?
I’ll tell you what happened to her. She was scared. Not just a little anxious – terrified! Tummy hurting, head aching scared.
Maybe you’ve never had this happen to you – the voices in your head yelling, whispering, blaming, scolding:
- Don’t blow it, you need this one to pay the rent!
- Don’t do that, he’ll think you’re pushy!
- You’re asking too much!
- He would have paid a lot more and you just gave it away!
- If you don’t agree, they won’t like you!
- Oh, please don’t say you want to think about it!
- I can’t believe you said that, Pat! What an idiot!
- What on earth were you thinking?
Believe it or not, I thought this would be easy for me. But I realized a huge, and critically, important lesson. There is a big difference between selling someone else’s product or service, and selling a service or product that is essentially you.
So I started looking at my coaching and consulting prospects the same way I had looked at my Fortune 500 clients – I had no other choice!
- What were the critical problems they needed to solve?
- How important were the problems/solutions to them?
- How urgently did they need to change?
- What would happen without my services?
- What did the ROI (Return-on-Investment) look like if they invested in my services?
- Were they financially able to make the commitment?
- Were they willing to change?
And I started implementing a handful of key principles:
- Apply the same processes regardless of the dollar amount.
- Get my head on straight and take the emotion out of it.
- Get my hurt feelings and fear out of the way.
- Understand that by doing the sales conversation poorly, I was failing to be in service to my prospects.
- Recognize that I had a responsibility to make a difference for my clients.
And this was the genesis of Kick Butt Sales Training™. Working with my clients, I realized that I wasn’t alone in facing this challenge. Self-doubt and confusion about how to navigate the sales conversation were epidemic in the consulting industry and for small business owners who sold solo or had only one or two salespeople.
So I started teaching others the process I’d crafted, helping them adopt new skill sets and move past emotional hurdles, and I started hearing them say things like:
- “This feels so natural.”
- “I never believed I’d look forward to returning those calls.”
- “I can’t believe how confident I feel.”
- “I’m not afraid of seeming pushy any more!”
- “I just love the difference in my business.”
I knew I was in the right place and I could make a huge difference for people – I could help them see their value and get it in the marketplace. They could make a real difference for their clients, and they wouldn’t have to crawl back to the cubicle farm – or live with the doubt, fear, and anxiety having the phone shut off. Instead, they could actually look forward to talking to new potential clients, instead of anticipating those conversations with fear, loathing and distaste.
So why Kick Butt Sales Training™?
There are a lot of ways to build your skills: books, audio programs, video training, full-day seminars. Over the years I’d tried most of them. I would make modest improvements, sometimes short-lived.
- Often, things didn’t seem to make sense.
- They didn’t stick with me.
- They were all so overly complex, I didn’t know where to start. I was in total overwhelm.
- I felt really intimidated trying something so far out of my comfort zone.
- I felt like I was wandering alone, abandoned after I’d committed my hard-earned dollars.
- When I couldn’t get it right, I felt like something was wrong with me.
- So many of the “sales techniques” that I learned left me feeling like I needed to steamroll over my prospects questions and concerns, and try to manipulate them into saying “yes.”
Kick Butt Sales Training™ (KBST) is designed to go in the other direction – to create a learning environment where you can make new skills your own one at a time, push beyond your comfort zone in a safe place, learn a sales process that frees you from the need for manipulative tricks and techniques, and to learn with other like-minded people who are facing the same challenges you are.
For years I’ve resisted giving training workshops unless there is provision for follow-on coaching, and I’ve told more than one company that if they’re not prepared to commit to a follow-on program they might as well forget the training and use the money to throw an employee party instead – they’d get about as much benefit.
And that’s why we teach KBST Live!™ over weeks instead of in an eight or twelve hour workshop. This is what makes all the difference: the ability to keep coming back with experiences and questions, and to get ongoing mentoring and fine tuning, for eight full weeks.
This is what you can expect from the KBST Live!™ program:
- Eight 60-90 minute, weekly hands-on learning sessions that will transform the way you think about your sales process and client conversations. Sessions are limited in size so that you get the interaction you need to make the Kick Butt Principles™ your own.
- Next Action worksheets for each weekly class. Each session gives you a core concept or “how to" and the worksheet gets you out of theory and into doing something.
- MP3 audio recordings of each session that are yours to review, download, and keep. They’re also there for you if something unexpected keeps you from attending a live session.
- Q&A sessions at the beginning of each call so we can dig into the any issues that surface as you put your new skills into practice.
- Learn with a group of like-minded professionals who are facing the same issues and challenges that you are.
- Master new skills in a safe, non-judgmental learning environment. Respect is expected from everyone on the call, so you can get the answers to any questions you feel you need to ask.
KBST Live!™ is the place where you can learn to be more effective so you can make a bigger difference for more clients.
In my experience, a committment of ongoing support for your business and professional growth is rare. Industry leading coaches and mentors say that a committment to do so puts you in the top 5% of business owners, and that makes you even more special and an even better fit for the program.
Pat Schuler’s Kick Butt Sales Training™ Program is a “must do” for entrepreneurs, coaches, and anyone who has a product or service to sell. Pat gave me the expertise and confidence to promote my career coaching services and the result was increased revenue! If promoting your services is the part of your business that you dread, Pat’s program is your answer. You will be empowered, focused, and more confident in your sales activities. Pat’s system works!
Lacy Nelson M.Ed., CMP, ACC, Now2PlanB
Is it too much for you to imagine looking forward to, and anticipating with pleasure, those sales conversations – instead of thinking about them with fear, loathing, and dread?
Remember, we’re talking about skills you can learn, regardless of your background and experience, to finally make it easy to navigate the sales conversation with confidence, comfort, and control.
Today I got two calls from new clients (one a referral from a friend and one from a group I belong to). I finally felt like I knew what I was doing and they both are signing on for services with me. I felt like the process was so natural and that they really understand the benefits of working with me. I am also confident that they are people that I can help and enjoy working with.
Kristin S. Johnson CCMC,CARW www.ProfessionDirection.com
KBST Live! is a comprehensive 8-week program that will transform the way you think about growing you business and navigating client conversations. Here’s what we cover together:
Session 1: Foundations – First Steps to Confidence
- Why are so many of us really reluctant to dig into the sales side of our business?
- Do you have the luxury to delegate to someone else?
- How many of us are really trained to sell?
- What are my beliefs about sales?
- What’s going through my head when I’m thinking about having the sales conversation?
The key shift you need to make inside your own head
How to shed the old beliefs that cripple your abaility to grow your business
The first critical step for getting out of your own way
Session 2: The Power of Leaving Space
- You don’t want to seem pushy or slimy – how can you guarantee you don’t?
- How do you keep your client comfortable — and still get the business?
- How do you get past their armor – respectfully?
Start to feel stronger, more confident, more in control
Know beyond doubt you won’t be seen as pushy
Make a real connection and start the client really talking to you
Session 3: Claiming Your Power
- Who is your equal in the selling process?
- Rejection – How can you avoid it?
- Rejection – How can you cope with it?
- What old beliefs sabotage your sales conversations?
Feel less vulnerable
Stop giving away your profits in hope of being liked
Get past what you fear most in the sales conversation
Session 4: Inside Your Client’s Mind
- What are prospects looking for most?
- How do I understand and speak clearly the benefits I bring?
- What key test must I pass to convince the prospect I’m valuable?
- What two essential tools make or break the sales conversation?
Sound powerful and confident in the sales conversation
Stand out from the crowd, clearly and naturally
Close the gap between what you think, what you want and what you say
Finally start to understand what your client wants
Session 5: Power of Questions
- How to keep the prospect focused?
- What makes the prospect see clearly your compelling value?
- What are the consequences to the prospect of not working with you?
Command higher fees – naturally and easily
Get clear on what’s most important to your client
Is the prospect a fit – the tool that removes all doubt
Virtually eliminate “Think-It-Overs”
Session 6: Big Rocks First
- How can I tell what’s most important?
- How do I balance and still get everything into the day?
- My To-Do List is 50-75 items long – What do I do?
- How do I recapture as much as TWO HOURS of productive time each day?!
Finally, a path out of Overwhelm
5 simple behaviors to give you the most from each day
Take back control of your day
Session 7: Neutral Emotional Space
- How do I keep from getting hurt or taking things personally?
- How much of my power am I prepared to give up to others?
- How much is it costing my business when feelings paralyze me?
- How much time and energy am I giving up worrying about the future or others’ opinions?
Take action with confidence
Give up anxiety and doubt about that other people think
Immunize yourself from being hurt or angry all the time
5 simple tools that help you regain control of your feelings/emotions
Session 8: The Power of Fear
- What about fear/anxiety stops us in our tracks/slows us down?
- What are the patterns for my anxiety?
- Fight or flight – What does fear/anxiety mean for the sustainability of my business?
- Can my fear actually become my ally instead of my enemy?
Draw power and energy from your fear
Stop anxiety/fear before it takes over
Make fear/anxiety serve you, be your ally
7 tools you can use immediately
I was on probation, on my way out the door. Your state-of-the-art sales training helped me change everything. In a month I went from desperation to getting “atta boys”. In 90 days my review was, “Good job, keep it up!” Your out-of the-box strategies have guided me to a Salesperson of the Year award and four consecutive months of record setting production. I would never have believed it was possible to have my confidence restored and be so valued by my company.
Gary Smith Central Area Manager EP Minerals
Still have some questions? Here are the ones I hear most often:
“What if I try my best and I just don’t get it? What if these skills just don’t work for me?”
The only way these skills won’t work for you is if you don’t try to use them. Will you be out of your comfort zone? Very likely. Am I here to customize the skills and strategies and model language and behaviors that fit just for you? Absolutely!
“I’ve been through weekend seminars and half-day workshops before, and the ideas seemed to work a little or for a little while. Then I forgot them or stopped using them. How can I be sure I’m not wasting my money again?”
Experience has shown that unless you do something to cement your new behavior, three weeks after a learning event your retention rate is usually less than 30%. Ongoing and consistent reinforcement like you receive in the Kick Butt Sales Training™ program ensures that you apply the skills and strategies immediately so they become your new way of doing things. They become natural and effective. They don’t disappear on you.
“I’m running a business! I don’t have any extra time in my day to throw at this, no matter how valuable it is, or how much I know I need it. There just aren’t enough hours in the day!”
Yes, you’re facing the same Catch-22 we all face as small business owners trying to do almost everything ourselves. You’ll be pleased to learn more than 80% – 90% of the time you’ll have no time commitment beyond your session time.
Typically, students find their new skills overlay, mesh with and enhance activities that you’re already doing. In fact, clients usually report gaining extra time and ease in their day from the Kick Butt program because they leave so many energy drains behind.
“I’m no good at sales — never have been. What are the odds the Kick Butt Sales Training™
program will work for me?”
Actually the odds are extremely good, but I really do understand your concern. It’s easy to see a good, warm, confident professional sales person and feel like you could never do that.
I’ve worked with and coached thousands of people like you people over the years and many of them started out the same as you – limited skills and a total lack of confidence in their abilities to sell. The truth is most great, prosperous salespeople are a result of training and practice, that is, a lot of hard work! Very few of us are born naturally brilliant salespeople.
I’ll share a secret with you. Early in my sales career, I hated to make phone calls. I hated the way I sounded over the phone! One day my mentor recorded some of my calls for me to listen to. I was amazed – I didn’t think I sounded half bad. My mentor said I sounded like a radio announcer. Talk about turning my head around!
This program has worked for: attorneys, engineers, accountants, technical professionals, independent consultants, coaches, other solopreneurs, sales professionals – it can work for you too.
It’s mid-January, and I’ve already recouped my investment with you for the entire coming year! Incredible!
Deborah Wile Dib CPBS, CCMC, CCM, NCRW, CPRW, CEIP, JCTC
America’s Power Coach for Corporate Leaders
How To Get Started
The eight-week KBST Live!™ program includes:
- Eight 60-90 minute, weekly hands-on learning sessions that will transform the way you think about your sales process and client conversations.
- Next Action worksheets for each weekly class.
- MP3 audio recordings of each session that are yours to review, download, and keep.
- Q&A sessions at the beginning of each call so we can dig into the any issues that surface as you put your new skills into practice.
- A group of like-minded professionals to learn with.
- A safe, non-judgmental learning environment.
My standard one-on-one coaching rate is currently $400 per hour – eight hours of individual coaching would toal $3200. But the KBST Live!™ group approach makes this work for everyone involved.
Registration for the 8-week program is $797 (or three payments of only $287).
The KBST Live!™ Guarantee:
If at the end of the eight-week program, you still feel you are not fully owning and using the skills and strategies you’ve been taught, you can attend any future KBST Live!™ program – on me, at my expense, absolutely free. You get to keep coming back until you have really learned the skills and feel you can use them effectively.
Pat’s Kick Butt classes have totally transformed the way I think about sales. Sales is the one part of my business I really don’t care for. I would rather be helping a client than selling, yet they must work in tandem. I have done pretty well, having been in business 25 years, but my bottom line has significantly been transformed by the Kick Butt™ series, and Pat’s expertise. She is awesome, genuine, and a “Kick Butt” Sales Trainer! I find it interesting that the concepts learned also carry over to many aspects of our personal lives as well. I highly recommend Pat. She is one of the best “returns on investment” in the industry!
Camille Carboneau Roberts GSD, COPNS, CMCS, CFRW/C, CPRW, CEIP, CARW, CIJSE
P.S. Whatever you may be facing in your business right now, I know KBST Live!™ can help you:
- Revel in feeling new life in your spirit and energy
- Feel lifted up instead of beaten down
- Immediately apply new skills to grow your business
- Make even more powerful the skills you already have
- Get the value you deserve (finally) for all your hard work
- You earn more, while actually working fewer hours
- Savor a sense of community, with like-minded, positive people,
- Form deep connections with people like you who want to keep growing, and support you, at the same time you support them
- Share your accomplishments with people who know what it took and don’t think you’re just bragging
- Bring troubling challenges and get real, solid help
- Be with people who take action, instead of just complaining
Register now by clicking on the button below, and start turning your business around. And remember the guarantee: if at the end of the eight-week program, you still feel you are not fully owning and using the skills and strategies you’ve been taught, you can attend any future KBST Live!™ program absolutely free. You get to keep coming back until you have really learned the skills and feel you can use them effectively.